Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pre-Departure

Hi everyone I only have a few days left and I'm so excited, but there's so much work to do. Everything is so complicated from getting a cell phone that works in Japan to setting up the correct bank accounts! And packing is a monster. I have two gigantic suitcases filled with clothes.

Ok here's the amount of clothes I'm bringing:
- 5 jeans
- 2 skirts
- 3 shorts
- 10 tee-shirts (mostly for workout and for sleeping)
- 5 pj bottoms
- 30 (!) shirts
- 17 long sleeve/sweaters for winter
- 4 hoodies
- 4 jackets
- 2 things of underarmor
- wintercoat, gloves, scarf
- 4 dressy shirts
- 2 dressy pants
- 5 pairs of shoes
- 3 dresses
- 3 purses

Here's the other stuff:
- makeup
- 3 boxes of hair dye
- 1 bottle of hair product
- toothbrush and small toothbrush
- lots of medicine
- deodorant
- face wash
- extra batteries
- shampoo/conditioner
- converter

Anyways everything is going smoothly and I can't wait until I take off!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha sam... those will never me enough
and why hair dye!!! just buy it there...
i expect to see many postcards in my mailbox. k? cool [=

Anonymous said...

Dear Sam,
I'm going to miss you a lot! :-( Please send me some stuff from Japan! Have fun! =]

Kelsey said...

How did you fit all those clothes??? I'm over 50 pounds on my big suitcases!!! Must finish packing!

Sam K said...

I use a bunch of those space bags and I was also over 50 pounds in both of my suitcases. I was lucky though and the airline didn`t charge me!

Caryn S said...

Hi Sam! I am so excited for you and will check this blog regularly to hear about your time in Japan. I hope you had a safe flight, etc. and are enjoying your first few days there. Love you.

Grandma said...

Hi Samantha, How are you? I keep in touch with your mom with the latest news. Its a nice day today. A little cool, but no wind. Everyone here is doing fine. Enjoying the football season which is half over. Talk to you later. We love you, grandpa, and grandma