Thursday, December 18, 2008

So Warm Here!

Hi everyone! Its been a long time since I last posted so I will give you a quick update! I still love Japan, but I do get homesick sometimes because its hard to fit in with another culture. Also not knowing the language makes simple things hard too. lol

Anyways I did a lot in November and December! In November I went to Tokyp for three days and it was a blast!. By far the coolest city I have ever been too. It's so big and there are lights everywhere! I went to Tokyo Tower, Osaka Temple, haurjuko (shopping center), a dance club, and the electronic section of Tokyo. Also In November I went to Matsushima which is one of the three most beautiful sites in Japan. Its this huge bay and has a bunch of temples!

Besides traveling a lot, I'm trying to be more active in school activities. I joined a mountaineering club and a ceramics club; both are a lot of fun! Japanese class is still hard and fast-paced but I am learning a lot! :) I really want to be fluent in Japanese.

In December I went to Yamgeta to visit Kazu's hometown and his parents. Wow I definably had culture shock. Its was pretty scary to greet parents in Japan because 1. they don't speak english 2. its formal bowing 3. i was the first foreigner they ever talk to. But overall everything went great and I had a lot of fun. :) :) :)

So basically I have been traveling, going to karaoke and nomihoudai, hanging out with friends downtown, and being a full time student! I really love Japan and the food is still amazing!

Tomorrow I'm leaving Sendai for two weeks! I'm traveling to Tokyo, then Osaka, then Kyoto for Christmas, then Naru, and then back to Tokyo for New Year Eve!!!!! I'm soooo excited but soo nervous.

Check back in two weeks! I promise to update more!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

warm? I guess you don't need those 17 long sleeve shirts and sweaters quite yet. . . haha!

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing really well and enjoying Japan! Just wanted to say hi and that we miss you here in the US!

Michelle Costigan

Anonymous said...

sam...you met his parents!!! that must have been nerveracking!!! well it sounds like you're having a blast. good. But make sure you still have some fun left over for chambana! lol, can't wait for our apartment!

Unknown said...

Hey Sam !! It's Pauline from Sendai ! How are you doing ?
So, where are the updates ?? Haha I know what it is, it was the same for my blog, no time to talk about Japan, just living it !!! ^^
How was your trip back home ? Everything's ok ? I hope so for you !
Enjoy ! ;)