Thursday, October 9, 2008

Classes & More fun!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while!!!!! Anyways Sendai is still outstanding. So here's what I've been up to :)

So Oct. 4 (Saturday) was a really fun day. I played soccer with a few of my friends, which was a lot of fun but I was soooo out of shape. After that I went to Yoshiba Camera (the wacky electronic store) and bought a new cell. The cell is sooo advance compared to my old phones. You can watch really high quality tv! Anyways love the phone but hate the process of getting one. In Japan if you are a foreigner (gajin) you have to have health insurance, a Japanese bank account, passport, Japanese address and on top of that since I was 19 I had to get a guardian to sign for me. Ahhh. Later that night the international dorm threw a huge welcoming party for everyone! It was fun to meet everyone. After that party ended the real party began. About 30ish international kids and I went to NOMI HOUDAI!!!!! Nomi Houdal is a place to sing karaoke while getting free food and drinks for two hours. I wished America had this!! It was soo much fun!
(up: Nomi Houdai with friends!)

Anyways the next day (Oct. 5) a bunch of friends and I took the subway to a mall and just wandered around and looked at all the different shops. Later that night my friend Kazu showed me around downtown and we went to Aoba Castle, where you can see the city skyline at night. Breathtaking!!!!!

On Oct. 6, I started my classes which are Japanese I, Kanji I, Dynamics of the earth, Japanese culture A, Japanese culture B, Environmental chemistry, Education in Japan, and Japanese business and economy. All the classes are great. Culture A you take field trips all the time. In Culture C I'm learning Aikido, which is a martial arts where you learn to use the attacker's momentum against them. Really cool. The Japanese I class is very fast past but I'm glade because I want to learn as much as possible!
(up: at the mall w/ friends)

So over the past week I have been attending classes and getting really wet. It rains all the time in Sendai!!! And when it rains it basically rains all day. This whole week there has been rain at some point of the day. I feel like I live in Seattle. lol So after classes on Oct. 7 Kuzu helped me register my bike. Apparently bikes are treated like cars- you need to have a light, good breaks, and go into check ups. When then got ice cream!!! Ice cream in Japan is sooooo good. I want to eat it everyday! :)

After classes on Oct. 8 a bunch and friends and I ate at a sushi restaurant with convey belts!!! Very fun and the sushi here is to die for. It is also much cheaper then in America.

Later in the evening on Oct. 9 (Thursday) my roommates (7 total) threw a welcome part for Anny (another exchange student from China) and we had Tokoyaki!!!! So delicious! It was pretty cool to get know my roommates better and the funny thing is they all thought I was 22 years old!!!

(Up: roommate party!!)

(Below: Typical street in Sendai & All the international kids!)






3 comments:

Shu said...

Oy! You're living in Japan now? Cool :3 You're turning Japanese??? lol How long have you been there?

Anonymous said...

Sam,
I'm so happy you are adjusting so well. Just remember be safe and don't forget your family.
Love,
Mom

Grandma said...

Dear Samantha,

Been trying to get ahold of you since you left. Couldn't do it until Aunt Janet got here, and now she's typing this for me. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, and I hope your studies are going well.

I hear you have a boyfriend. Let us know his name; tell us about him.

I'll talk to you later, dear.
I love you,
Grandma